- KITTOCH-SIDE, a village, in the parish of East Kilbride, Middle ward of the county of Lanark, 1¼ mile (S. E.) from Carmunnock. It lies in the northern part of the parish, on the road from Carmunnock to Kilbride, and near the banks of the Kittoch, whence its name. Upon two hills in its neighbourhood are the remains of ancient fortifications, respectively called Castle Hill and Rough Hill.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
National Museum of Rural Life — National Museums Scotland and partners have developed the National Museum of Rural Life, previously known as the Museum of Scottish Country Life, which is based at Wester Kittochside farm, lying between the town of East Kilbride in South… … Wikipedia
Col Ciotach — Mac Domhnaill (English: Left handed Col Macdonald) (1570–1647) was a Scottish Irish adventurer of Clan Donald, who became Laird of Colonsay in 1623, by treachery. His name, which means left handed, was anglicised as Colkitto (Collkitto), and… … Wikipedia